Acupuncture is a system of healing that has been serving the health needs of humankind for more than 2,500 years. It is a gentle, safe and effective way to restore balance and wellness within a person by activating the body’s innate ability to heal. Acupuncture has proven beneficial for a wide range of conditions and is often used to prevent disease by maintaining a person’s optimal level of health and well-being.
- Experiencing relief from pain and chronic health issues
- Reduced anxiety and stress
- Getting sick less often and recovering more quickly
- Enjoying improved stamina and vitality
- Healing physical as well as emotional concerns
For more about the benefits of acupuncture, I’ve included testimonials from my patients, which provide a personal account of their experience with acupuncture treatment under my care.
More about Acupuncture
Over the centuries, a wealth of experience has accumulated in the practice of acupuncture, attesting to the wide range of diseases and conditions that can be effectively treated with this approach. Acupuncture is currently endorsed by the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as the United States National Institutes of Health and the National Health Service of the United Kingdom.
Health issues acupuncture addresses
Acupuncture is used to prevent, diagnose and treat disease, as well as to improve general health. As a complete medical system, acupuncture treats underlying imbalances and promotes wellness by stimulating a person’s own ability to heal. As a result, acupuncture is highly effective when used in conjunction with other medical modalities.
Acupuncture is used for a wide variety of conditions including:
- chronic fatigue, stress and exhaustion
- sleeping problems
- respiratory conditions, sinusitis and asthma
- allergies, including hay fever
- digestive complaints, nausea, vomiting, irritable bowel syndrome
- emotional disorders, such as anxiety, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder
- arthritis and joint pain
- back pain and sciatica
- chronic pain, injuries and sprains
- menstrual disorders and infertility
- pregnancy and labor support
- cold and flu symptoms
- addictions treatment for smoking, substance abuse and overeating